Make a statement with this unique gemstone pendant long necklace! Handmade with a gorgeous ocho agate slice, natural druzy and solid sterling silver. This ocho agate slice is stunning, the edges feature the rough edges of the natural stone. The stone is a cross section slice of a geode so the center is full of glittering druzy crystal surrounded by beautifully banded agate stone which is polished. I created a prong setting for the unique stone to allow the edges to be visible and the center to be open to highlight to organic shape and raw nature of the natural stone. I soldered the prong setting onto hammered sterling silver circles I had created to serve as the bail and add interest to the piece. Below the agate is a hand sculpted filigree and a gray druzy teardrop which I bezel set in sterling silver. The presence of this pendant called for a heavyweight chain so I used out thickest rolo chain and made the length adjustable from 27"-29" with a lobster claw clasp and built in 2" extender.
* One of a kind and ready to ship!
* Pendant measures 5" long and just under 2" across at the widest point.
We handcraft this design with Argentium Silver. Why do we choose Argentium?
* Argentium contains more pure silver (93.5%) than traditional sterling silver which has (92.5%) pure silver
* Naturally brighter and whiter in color than any other precious metal.
* Tarnish resistant. Because it contains no copper it doesn’t tarnish like traditional sterling silver. It maintains a bright shiny finish about 7 times longer than sterling silver.
* Hypoallergenic. Argentium Silver is 100% nickel free so it’s hypoallergenic and can be worn by many people who can’t wear traditional sterling silver due to allergies.
* Argentium Silver is created from 100% recycled silver.
We use Argentium Silver in our jewelry because we want to create pieces with quality materials so our jewelry can be effortlessly enjoyed for years and years to come! Argentium Silver is great to work with, we handcraft each piece and it solders and forms beautifully. It’s a joy to use and the finished jewelry is just that much nicer and brighter.