This unique pendant necklace was created with heavy sterling silver sheet and a gorgeous striped agate stone. To make the back plate behind the stone, I cut a decorative shape from thick sterling silver and used a hammer to texture the entire surface. Next, I created a bezel setting for the stone and soldered that down onto the backplate. I accented around the stone with sterling silver balls to give it depth. The rose I sculpted by hand with precious metal clay which is then fired in a kiln and becomes pure silver. I did the same to create the small teardrop at the bottom. All of the silver work really gives this piece a nice heavy weight so I used our heaviest sterling silver cable chain to finish it off and balance the design. This is adjustable from 16"-18" with a lobster claw clasp.
* One of a kind and ready to ship!
* Pendant measures 2.2" long and 1.2" across at the widest point.
* Necklace is adjustable from 16"-18" with a built in 2" extender and lobster claw clasp.
We handcraft this design with Argentium Silver. Why do we choose Argentium?
* Argentium contains more pure silver (93.5%) than traditional sterling silver which has (92.5%) pure silver
* Naturally brighter and whiter in color than any other precious metal.
* Tarnish resistant. Because it contains no copper it doesn’t tarnish like traditional sterling silver. It maintains a bright shiny finish about 7 times longer than sterling silver.
* Hypoallergenic. Argentium Silver is 100% nickel free so it’s hypoallergenic and can be worn by many people who can’t wear traditional sterling silver due to allergies.
* Argentium Silver is created from 100% recycled silver.
We use Argentium Silver in our jewelry because we want to create pieces with quality materials so our jewelry can be effortlessly enjoyed for years and years to come! Argentium Silver is great to work with, we handcraft each piece and it solders and forms beautifully. It’s a joy to use and the finished jewelry is just that much nicer and brighter.