This striking pendant necklace was handmade with solid sterling silver and psilomelane stones. The circles are created from thick gauge sterling silver that is formed, soldered and hand hammered for texture. The silver is polished to a high shine to catch the light perfectly. A custom bezel setting was handmade for each of the freeform shape stones and the settings dangle inside of the hammered silver circles. The chain is a rounded box chain with a nice weight to it, perfect for everyday wear. The chain is adjustable in length and can be worn from 17"-19" with a lobster claw clasp and built in extender chain.
Psilomelane is such a unique and beautiful stone, it's hard to capture in a photo but these stones have soft bands of luminescence running through them with a glossy black, silver and dark gray color. I would describe this as almost a black oil slick appearance in the way the light reflects on the surface of the stone. Definitely a versatile piece that will go with just about anything!
We handcraft this design with Argentium Silver. Why do we choose Argentium?
* Argentium contains more pure silver (93.5%) than traditional sterling silver which has (92.5%) pure silver
* Naturally brighter and whiter in color than any other precious metal.
* Tarnish resistant. It maintains a bright shiny finish about 7 times longer than sterling silver.
* Hypoallergenic. Argentium Silver is 100% nickel free so it’s hypoallergenic and can be worn by many people who can’t wear traditional sterling silver due to allergies.
* Argentium Silver is created from 100% recycled silver.
We use Argentium Silver in our jewelry because we want to create pieces with quality materials so our jewelry can be effortlessly enjoyed for years and years to come!