This one of a kind pendant necklace was handmade with a super 7 quartz gemstone and solid sterling silver. I created the bird using sterling silver sheet and an impression mold created from an antique die. The silver is pressed into the mold with pressure until the details are transferred and then I carefully hand saw around the bird and file the edges smooth. I made the bird first and then was looking for a stone that would work well and thought this stuffing super 7 gemstone was perfect! When the light hits the stone it looked like a scene with grass and an open sky. I created a cage setting for the stone with Argentium Sterling Silver and welded the bird onto the front. The chain is a heavier weight to support the large stone and is adjustable in length from 16"-18" with a lobster claw clasp and 2" built in extender.
* Pendant measures 2" x 1.25"
* Super 7 is a naturally occurring blend of 7 stones including clear quartz, smoky quartz, cacoxenite, rutile, goethite, lepidocrocite and amethyst. This blend makes such a uniquely patterned and beautiful stone!
* One of a kind and ready to ship!
We handcraft this design with Argentium Silver. Why do we choose Argentium?
* Argentium contains more pure silver (93.5%) than traditional sterling silver which has (92.5%) pure silver
* Naturally brighter and whiter in color than any other precious metal.
* Tarnish resistant. Because it contains no copper it doesn’t tarnish like traditional sterling silver. It maintains a bright shiny finish about 7 times longer than sterling silver.
* Hypoallergenic. Argentium Silver is 100% nickel free so it’s hypoallergenic and can be worn by many people who can’t wear traditional sterling silver due to allergies.
* Argentium Silver is created from 100% recycled silver.
We use Argentium Silver in our jewelry because we want to create pieces with quality materials so our jewelry can be effortlessly enjoyed for years and years to come! Argentium Silver is great to work with, we handcraft each piece and it solders and forms beautifully. It’s a joy to use and the finished jewelry is just that much nicer and brighter.