* Fordite is a "gemstone" created from recycled car factory paint
* Sterling silver chain is adjustable with a lobster claw clasp
* The size of these pendants is .75" tall and between .5 and .75" wide
* Handmade with Argentium Sterling silver - see below for more about this unique metal!
The "stones" in these pendants are called Fordite and aren't gemstones at all! We usually only use natural stones, especially in our one of a kind pieces, but I really love this material. It's named fordite or sometimes called Detroit agate because it was first created using car paint that was scraped from the rails of the assembly line after the cars were sprayed. The story is that someone working in a plant did lapidary (stonecutting) as a hobby and took a slab of this home and cut it like they would cut a slab of rough stone. Since it would take years for the rails to collect enough paint that they would need to be cleaned, a slab of fordite can contain hundreds of different colors that form into really cool patterns!
To make the pendants I made bezel settings for them using argentium sterling silver but instead of making a bail to attach them to a chain, I made a second backplate and stacked the setting on it using silver discs and soldered them all together. The sandwiched setting leaves plenty of room for the sterling silver chain to move through them easily. The chain is a bright sterling silver flat cable chain with a lobster claw clasp and a 2 inch extender. Available in 16, 18 or 20 inch lengths.
We handcraft this design with Argentium Silver. Why do we choose Argentium?
* Argentium contains more pure silver (93.5%) than traditional sterling silver which has (92.5%) pure silver
* Naturally brighter and whiter in color than any other precious metal.
* Tarnish resistant, Argentium maintains a bright shiny finish about 7 times longer than sterling silver.
* Hypoallergenic. Argentium Silver is 100% nickel free so it’s hypoallergenic and can be worn by many people who can’t wear traditional sterling silver due to allergies.
* Argentium Silver is created from 100% recycled silver.
We use Argentium Silver in our jewelry because we want to create pieces with quality materials so our jewelry can be effortlessly enjoyed for years to come!
1-3 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 1 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Many of our items are created after your order is placed, so customizations like length, size or color are no problem at all. We are also happy to change ear wire styles(french hook,clip-on or lever back) on any earrings. Please let us know if you need any alterations on the styles in our shop, we are happy to accomodate!
Every order we ship includes a care package that includes a tarnish prevention bag to store your jewelry in as well as a disposable tarnish removing polishing square and care instructions!
Every item comes in a Lizardi Jewelry branded box with a silver elastic bow and is wrapped with decorative tissue paper. If the item is a gift that is shipping directly to someone please let us know in the note to seller section at checkout and we will be sure not to include the price.
Unfortunately at this time we do not accept wholesale orders.